Our team of friendly occupational therapists will support you on your journey of achieving your goals through building on your confidence and skills. Not only do they work with sensory systems and upper hand function, they are also specialists in knowing which equipment, aid or modification will be beneficial in increasing independence both at home and the community. They also look into ways to improve comfort and ease so that you have a satisfied and meaningful participation in the community. Their role involves:
- Suggesting home modifications like rails, ramps,toilet modifications (commode etc.), stairs, etc.
- Wheelchair and vehicle modifications to maximise comfort, function and independence
- Sensory exercise to improve vision, auditory, proprioception and touch
- Upper limb exercises to improve fine motor control and dexterity.
- Pressure care management through positioning, pressure care mattress etc.